Each entry should have a marketing focus and must have been completed or produced in Oklahoma during the 12 months prior to December 31, 2018. Each entry must be prepared according to the Entry Rules and must include typed answers to all of the Judging Criteria questions (maximum of three pages), a completed entry form (filled out online – button below) and the entry fee. The entry fee must be paid via credit card at the time of submission.
You may enter as many campaigns as you like. An individual campaign may only be entered in one campaign category. A single piece from an individual campaign may be entered in the Single Marketing Tactic category, in addition to being included in a campaign category. Any entry that does not follow the Entry Rules is subject to disqualification.
There will be one Award of Excellence winner and an unlimited number of Award of Merit winners chosen for each category based on points assigned to each criterion. Entries that fail to meet the specified number of points for either award category may not receive an award, even if that is the only entry in a category. A “Best of Show” winner will be chosen from the Award of Excellence winners, based on overall highest scoring entry across all categories.
$50 per entry for members. $75 per entry for non-members. Entries received on or before March 15th will receive a $25 discount ($25 per entry for members, $50 per entry for non-members).
A panel of marketing professionals from markets outside of Oklahoma will be selected for judging. The judges make all decisions regarding eligibility and winners, and the decision of the judges is final.
Entries must be submitted as a single pdf that includes: responses to the judging criteria (as listed below) and supporting materials/documentation.
The PDF should be saved as:
Company Name_Entry Category_Entry Title (as listed on entry form).
For oversized two- or three-dimensional items, submit photographs and/or illustrations. Entries may include samples of printed pieces, application examples, photos, illustrations, press clippings and/or media clips, as well as supplemental reports, tables, charts, testimonials, and other documented evidence. Entries are to be uploaded at the “Entry Upload” link at the bottom of this page.
Each entry must include answers to the five (5) Judging Criteria sections below (typewritten, three-page maximum). On the top of each typewritten page, include the category name and entry title. Because marketing is about results, the results score is weighted highest. The five questions to be answered are:
- SITUATION/CHALLENGE What was the basic problem to be solved or situation to be addressed by the entry? Judges will score on how well the entry reflects an understanding of the challenge. WORTH 10 POINTS.
- OBJECTIVES/GOALS What was/were the established objective(s) to solve the problem or address the situation? Judges will score based on whether the objectives are sound, clear and measurable. If they aren’t measurable objectives, the judges will score based on whether they were clear enough to determine if they were achieved or not. WORTH 10 POINTS.
- STRATEGY/TACTICS What was the strategy (plan) and what was/were the tactic(s) (actions) for achieving the objectives? Judges will score based on how well the strategy/tactics are defined and how well they relate to achieving the objectives to resolve the challenge or situation. WORTH 20 POINTS.
- MESSAGE ALIGNMENT How does the approach and/or tone of the message align with the target audience and support the objectives and strategy/tactic(s)? Judges will score on how well the elements of the message, including graphics and copy, align with the overall objectives, strategy and tactic(s). These criteria provide credit for innovative and creative ideas within marketing campaigns and tactics. WORTH 20 POINTS.
- RESULTS What result(s) did this entry deliver? Did the entry achieve the stated goals/objectives? Judges will score based on how effective the entry was in producing results toward achieving the stated goals/objectives. This category is weighted highest. Therefore, it is extremely important to describe the results in terms as measurable as possible to prove the objective(s) was/were achieved. If results are not quantifiable, then information should be provided as to how you know the entry achieved the stated objective(s). WORTH 40 POINTS.
ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN: Entries in this category rely solely on one-way communication to reach intended audiences. Examples include print, out-of-home, television.
CAUSE MARKETING CAMPAIGN: Entries in this category are focused on a social or nonprofit cause, whether raising awareness, fundraising or promoting an event. Please include the KPI metric used and what the results were.
DIGITAL CAMPAIGN: Show how you exclusively used digital platforms to reach intended audiences and achieved the desired KPI.
INTEGRATED MARKETING/ PUBLIC RELATIONS CAMPAIGN: Entries in this category integrate a variety of disciplines, including marketing, public relations, advertising and/or sales promotion. Please include tangible results yielded from this campaign.
SINGLE MARKETING TACTIC: (Agency & In-House/Direct) Enter any one piece you’re particularly proud of, such as a direct mail piece, specialty/promotional item, newsletter, brochure, annual report etc.
SOCIAL MEDIA: (Agency & In-House/Direct) Entries in this category use any of the social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, blogs, podcasts etc.
TRADE SHOW/SPECIAL EVENT: Entries in this category use special events or trade shows as a marketing device.
WEBSITE TACTIC: Show how your rebuilt, redesigned or rebranded your website to increase inbound lead conversions.
SINGLE MEDIA CAMPAIGN: (Agency & In-House/Direct)
For questions about entry requirements and delivery, please contact:
Alyssa Weathers-Murphy, AMAOKC Past President/Marketini Awards Chair
Email | 405-417-2162