2021 Entry Categories
MARKETING INSIGHTS: Entries in these categories use qualitative and quantitative research plans, executions, and results.
- Qualitative (traditional focus groups, mini-groups, in-depth interviews, online bulletin boards, forums)
- Quantitative (online/digital surveys, paper surveys, phone polling)
- Hybrid (mixed-mode research – qual & quant)
MARKETING CAMPAIGN (THREE OR MORE TACTICS REQUIRED): Entries in this category integrate a variety of disciplines, including marketing tactics, tools, public relations, advertising and/or sales promotion. Must have used three or more disciplines to be considered a campaign.
- New Market Segment Campaign: Entries in this category used integrated marketing to reach a newly defined segment of their market to reach their goals.
- Product Launch Campaign: Entries in this category launched a new product or service to the market
- Small Budget (Under $100,000): Any marketing campaigns that spent less than $100,000 to achieve their goals.
- Large Budget ($100,001+): Any marketing campaigns that spent more than $100,000 to achieve their objectives.
- Cause Marketing Campaign: Entries in this category are focused on a social or nonprofit cause, whether raising awareness, fundraising or promoting an event.
- Digital Marketing Campaign: Entries in this category used digital platforms to reach intended audiences and achieve the desired results.
- Spanish Language Marketing Campaign: Entries in this category used Spanish to reach this growing segment.
- Brand Launch: Entries in this category launched a new brand to the market.
- Rebrand: Entries in this category rebranded an existing brand to achieve their goals.
- Guerrilla Marketing Campaign: Entries in this category use unconventional marketing that achieved maximum results from minimal resources.
- Marketing Department of One: Entries in this category used outstanding marketing work by a professional who does not have in-house or agency support to create and implement marketing plans.
- *Public Relations Campaign: Entries in this category are focused on public relations campaigns or events.
- *DEI Campaign: Entries in this category utilized marketing campaigns to develop or improve diversity, equity and inclusion.
- *ELEVATE (Resiliency): The AMA OKC Elevate Award recognizes and celebrates the achievement of marketing responses throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Entries for this award can include, but not limited to: communications, public relations, promotions, digital media, cause, and video campaigns OR a total marketing campaign approach.
ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN (i.e. MEDIA ONLY): Entries in these categories rely solely on one-way communication to reach intended audiences. Examples include print, out-of-home, television, etc.
- Small Budget (under $100,000)
- Large Budget ($100,001+)
MARKETING TACTICS: Entries in these categories showcases marketing tactics used to achieve either smaller objectives of a larger campaign or individual goals outside of a campaign.
- Print Collateral (brochure, catalog, poster, signage, etc)
- Direct Mail (2D, 3D, campaign or individual piece)
- Event (webinars, training sessions, open houses)
- Tradeshow (booth or fixed installation, giveaways, multi-show)
- Website Design/Redesign
- Website Microsite (5 or less pages, either a subdomain or a completely separate domain)
- SEO (organic search strategy)
- SEM (include paid search strategy)
- Email – Single Entry
- Email Campaign
- Video (short form) <90 seconds
- Video (long form) >90 seconds
- Video (series)
- Press Release
- Promotional Product
- Product Packaging
- Point-of-Purchase Display
- Social Media
- Outdoor Advertising
- Landing Page
- Loyalty Program
- Logo design
- Corporate Identity/Stationery Package (Three or more)
For questions about entry requirements and delivery, please contact:
Jennifer Shrewsbury, AMAOKC Past President/Marketing Excellence Awards Chair