Website The University of Oklahoma
The University of Oklahoma is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and professional marketing executive to lead as the Director of Marketing for the university’s Division of Marketing and Communications. The marketing department provides services in the areas of strategic marketing, visual creative services, and web infrastructure.
This role will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategic marketing plan which supports the fulfillment of the university’s strategic plan. The strategic marketing plan will adhere to and be measured by clearly defined objectives; it will amplify the university’s standing across all digital mediums; and it will deliver messages that advance OU’s purpose to change lives.
The Director of Marketing must possess significant higher education marketing experience and demonstrate strong leadership working with many diverse constituencies. The candidate selected must be a strategic thinker focused on a high-level effort to modernize and drive the university’s marketing. Superior communication skills, the ability to manage a diverse team of creative professionals, and a keen sense of organization are also requirements.
- Develop and implement forward-thinking marketing strategies to enhance the visibility, brand, and reputation of OU on a local, state, national, and global level.
- Maintain expertise in emerging technologies and marketing tools to showcase OU as a higher education leader.
- Lead efforts to build community, and capture and engage audiences.
- Develop strategies to promote awareness, understanding, and support of the university’s purpose and objectives.
- Provide marketing counsel to all functions of the university to ensure that all branding and marketing efforts are consistent, effective, and clear.
- Promote a culturally diverse environment and develop a strategy to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt messaging and communications style to effectively reach and influence various internal and external stakeholder groups while maintaining a consistent voice for the university.
- Expert at collecting, analyzing, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data and information to develop thorough understanding of stakeholder motivations, preferences, and opinions and identify emerging trends or issues.
- Strong people manager with a proven ability to coach, lead, develop, and inspire others to achieve their professional best.
- Support emergency communications to disseminate information digitally.
- Serve on the university’s Trademark Advisory Committee.
- Help plan MarComm’s (Marketing and Communication’s) semiregular Integrated Marketing and Communications meetings and workshops.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education/job-related experience, AND:
- 48-60 months of strategic marketing experience.
- Extensive experience in higher education.
Ability to formulate, develop, and implement highlevel marketing strategies for the institution.
Expertise leading and motivating teams.
- Continuously research and develop knowledge about marketing and innovation trends both in and outside of higher education.
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: admissions, employment, financial aid, and educational services. This includes, but is not limited to: admissions, employment, financial aid, and educational services. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies may be directed to: Faustina Layne, Interim Institutional Equity Officer and Title IX Coordinator, 405-325-3546, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.ou.edu/eoo.
To apply for this job please visit ou.taleo.net.