Tailwind is a 60+ person, fast-growing, marketing tech company
Tailwind is a 60+ person, fast-growing, marketing tech company with offices in New York City and Oklahoma City. Our visual marketing software is loved by 100,000s of small businesses, helping them grow through effective digital marketing.
Today, we’re best known for helping members succeed on Instagram and Pinterest, but that’s just the beginning. Our mission is big: Make world-class marketing easy for everyone. And we intend to achieve it.
To help us get there faster, we’re looking for a Community Marketer who can build strong relationships and expand our Tailwind community.
About the role
You’ll create impact by:
- Taking ownership of our affiliate program to grow it from great to exceptional.
- Nurturing meaningful connections with our affiliates and partners through regular correspondence that empowers and encourages them to even more enthusiastic advocacy.
- Helping discover and recruit impactful influencers and affiliates in important segments.
- Building and executing a social media marketing strategy that helps us build a stronger brand and engage our members and potential members across multiple platforms.
- Flexing your public speaking muscles by helping out at events and giving presentations online.
- Helping us to get the most value possible out of online and offline events, event sponsorships, and appearances.
- Celebrating with our members when they achieve their goals.
Why you’ll love it:
- You’d be impacting the lives of small business owners — helping them pursue their dreams and thrive using our marketing platform
- We’re radically collaborative, fiercely anti-political, and intentionally free of silos
- You’ll work with an extensive team of world-class marketers and product people who are incredibly transparent experts
- We’re profitable and backed by institutional investors who are in this for the long-run
- You’ll get ownership shares, company-paid insurance with extremely competitive benefits, salary refreshes twice a year with annual bonuses, and flexible work hours
- You have several years as a paid influencer or managing multiple high-profile social media accounts
- You’re a natural community marketer, a networker who genuinely enjoys getting to know people and loves helping them to achieve their goals.
- You’re a passionate and experienced social media marketer.
- You’re not afraid of a spreadsheet and have a soft spot for actionable data.
- You’re a good salesperson with strong communication skills.
- You can manage juggling multiple tasks, relationships, and strategies all at once – but you’re not afraid to ask for help when you need it.
Bonus points for:
- An understanding of affiliate marketing.
- Experience with influencer marketing.
- Planning and representing brands at events.
- Experience with blogging, content marketing or inbound marketing.
- Public speaking experience and video examples you can share.
Note: Please don’t talk yourself out of applying if you don’t “check all the boxes.” We support each other’s growth and celebrate our differences at Tailwind. If you’re passionate about world-class demand generation marketing, please apply. We’d love to hear from you.
More about us
- We are all owners (literally): We take responsibility, don’t pass blame, and don’t rest until the problem is solved
- We set audacious goals and tackle challenges daily, which leaves no room for ego or a sense of entitlement
- We’re multi-office: Most of our team members work in our headquarters in Oklahoma City, while many of us call our New York City office home, and a few of us work remotely
- We’re radically transparent: Sharing new ideas and plans, giving feedback, and making everyone feel welcome in every conversation
- We believe our industry’s lack of diversity hurts us all and work hard to foster a company culture that’s inclusive and appreciative of everyone’s talent, authenticity, and ideas — regardless of our differences
Learn more about life at Tailwind: https://www.tailwindapp.com/careers
Glassdoor reviews: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Tailwind-Reviews-E771559.htm
We have implemented a uniquely transparent compensation model based on our culture and values. You can learn more about our Tailwind Open Compensation System here: www.tailwindapp.com/about/open-compensation.
While applying, we’ll ask you for your target compensation level; we use this question strictly to screen out candidates who are not feasible hires based on our compensation system. It will not / does not impact what we offer any candidate.
To apply for this job please visit www.tailwindapp.com.