Website Oklahoma City Public Schools
Position Summary: Provides creative and/or graphic support and is responsible for ensuring all deliverables created align with district and school brand standards. Additional duties could include but are not limited to supporting team members with various departmental tasks or projects.
- Works with a variety of internal customers to evaluate graphic needs and to determine printing services to be rendered.
- Plans, schedules and prioritizes graphic requests.
- Designs and prepares graphic art from conception to final art. Includes but not limited to: signs, brochures, newsletters, banners, pamphlets, letterhead, logos, maps, certificates, programs, electronic presentations, etc.
- Inspects and reviews incoming jobs for printability and quality end results.
- Prepares illustrations for reproduction and other visual presentations.
- Operates PC computer equipment and programs assigned to the graphic arts/communications area to produce final artwork.
- Maintains digital artwork files.
- Recommends equipment and software needs.
- Responsible for daily and regular updates to district and school websites.
- Support school site staff with training and maintenance of school websites.
- Serves on District or department committees as assigned and/or approved.
- Keeps abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use in the organization.
- Promotes the overall effectiveness of the organization by performing tasks and sharing responsibilities of other members of the department/division during peak periods when there is an overload of duties, or fill in when an individual is away from the workstation.
- Assist with printing services for the district (business cards, envelopes, poster campaigns, mailers).
Act as brand champion and assist with verifying school apparel adheres to brand guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, art, design or related field.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Basic knowledge of office protocol, office equipment and computers.
- Ability to effectively express ideas, instructions and concepts.
- Ability to speak and write clearly.
- Ability to learn and utilize software programs and systems in the performance of regular duties.
- Communicate and model a high level of professionalism and expertise for departmental staff.
*Relevant experience may be substituted for formal education at a 2:1 ratio. Therefore for every 1 year of college lacking, 2 years of directly relevant experience may be substituted.
- Must have adequate manual dexterity to write legibly and perform required duties on the computer
- Must have adequate visual acuity to read, interpret and transcribe written material and other required duties
- Requires normal range of hearing and clear speaking abilities to interact appropriately with others in person and on the telephone
- Requires some stooping, bending, stretching and occasional lifting not to exceed 25 pounds
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time
- May periodically require work outside of normal business hours, including weekends, under sometimes stressful conditions in order to meet business needs and strict deadlines
Work Environment:Office duties will be performed in a well-lighted, climate controlled environment
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the supervisor or appropriate administrator. Oklahoma City Public Schools reserves the right to, update, revise or change job duties as the need prevails. This document is for communication only and not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment. The Board of Education and Superintendent may approve alternatives to the listed qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.