Our purpose is to keep our citizens / customers informed about city issues, programs, services, activities, accomplishments, and plans by providing timely, accurate information through professional, creative communication.
- Lead all activities in the marketing and public information programs. Including planning, directing, organizing, staffing, and training.
- Ensure a consistent marketing message aligned with the city’s mission and core values.
- Manage an award-winning team of professionals involved in all facets of communication including writing, design, video, photography, social media and website management and special events.
- Serve as the city spokesperson and point of contact for the media.
- Be a champion of customer service by assisting a wide range of community stakeholders daily.
- Learn about and work with all city departments to ensure messaging and information is delivered accurately and timely.
- Steward public funds by effectively managing assigned budget.
- Your work has a direct, positive impact on the community.
- You get to work in a diverse, collaborative environment with all City departments.
- Your job duties include a significant amount of variety, so every day is different and engaging!
- You get to serve a mission where you improve quality of life of our residents and support our City of Edmond team.
- Besides a safe, stable, learning environment, we get a generous benefits package for our health, vision, dental, and wellbeing.
- We have a dedicated, on-site, medical clinic that is no cost to us for the services and Rx they provide.
- We earn time off for vacation and sick leave; we have paid holidays, longevity, and retirement for our future.
- Must have broad knowledge of such fields as communication, accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four-year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 3 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable to the City’s insurance carrier.
- Must have knowledge of Open Meetings and Open Records Acts.
- Must maintain knowledge of current marketing trends, developments, and best practices.
- Must be familiar with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must be available by phone, email, or physically be on site after hours and weekends to respond to inquiries from representatives of the local media, be the City’s spoke person or conduct interviews.
- Conduct media training for city staff and elected officials.
- Must be able to pass an investigative background process and pre-employment screenings.
To apply for this job please visit www.edmondok.com.